Thursday, August 29, 2013

Year 13 - Day 241

I'm still working on the combat routine.  It was taking way too long for an armed ship to destroy the smallest unarmed, unarmored ship, so I adjusted the hit chances and damage up for Beam Lasers.  I'm afraid if it takes too long for combat to finish it will stress out the server too much if I ever manage to go live with the game.  It's going to require a lot of balancing regardless.  I may have to end up raising the damage and hit chances considerably or limiting the number of rounds that combat will run.

The latest code I've been working on is to create a page that will instantly create armed ships for testing purposes.  I've thought about rigging up an entire combat simulator, and I still may, but for now that would require a lot of extra work that I'd rather spend on just getting the combat routine completely fleshed out.

I'll end today's post with a recent screenshot of a ship that was destroyed in combat.  This is what you would see if you clicked on the name of a ship in your Dead Ship List.


No comments:

Post a Comment