Monday, April 11, 2011

Shipyard Build Time

Ok, so I probably shouldn't write these posts when I'm so tired late at night. I neglected to run through the calculations for how long it would take for a newly built Shipyard to reach Level 10.0. Turns out it's almost 10 years!

Obviously I don't want it to take that long, and I forgot to include that the character skill Engineering will reduce that time somewhat. I'm not sure by exactly how much, but my goal is that it would take a group of players around 4 to 5 years to get a Shipyard to a high enough level to produce Class 10.0 ships, which will basically be the Dreadnoughts of the game.

There will also probably be special abilities or artifacts that can speed up the build time as well, but I haven't really got those even worked out in my head yet and they'll come in Phase 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment