Sunday, June 10, 2012

Manufacturing Started

As I thought I might, I decided to start working on manufacturing today.  I made some good progress, but you can't build anything yet.  Colonies will be able to build Manufacturing Modules, which are rated from 0.1 to 10.0.  The levels from 0.1 to 0.9 are considered Under Construction and the modules are not active.  At 1.0, you gain the ability to use your first Build Queue to construct items.  So you can add a queue to process 500 units of raw ore, or have it start building 10 Jump Modules.  At 2.0 you get another queue, etc.

I got the queue table designed in the database.  At first I went one direction where each module would have permanent queues that hold build instructions, but I decided to go a different direction where you just add queues as you need them and they disappear after they're finished.

My current target is to have the first item manufactured by the end of this week, so stay tuned for news and screenshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment