I'm still working on the manufacturing system, and I also got side-tracked with a UI design overhaul. UI design is extremely painful for me since I don't think I have a very good feel for what's attractive or what colors go with what. Eventually I'll have to hire someone that is artistic to completely redo it, but for now I think it's better than it was. See the screenshot below.
I've also started working on Mining, and the first deposit has been created in the database. Next I'll have the colony that is on top of the mine extracting minerals from it, and then I'll work on the GM tools to place new deposits.