Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Big Dig

Well, I seem to have convinced myself that my next big project on the game is to finally rework the code that generates planet displays. This is going to involve moving more information into the database and reworking the engine that displays planetary surfaces. I'll probably be working on this for at least a week, if not more. This will make it much easier for me to eventually create a random planet generator, and since I'm going to need hundreds of planets eventually, I'll need to generate them randomly first then modify them. The new system should also allow more flexibility so I can put mineral resources and anomalies and other nifty stuff for players to find when they're down on the surface. Usually when I start working on this much code it leads me in another interesting direction also, so I may even dream up a new feature or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment