Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bite Two

I made more progress on the planet tile rewrite tonight, although I don't have much to show for it in the game.  Tonight I concentrated on learning how to use local browser storage and implementing it on the planet edit page.  Now when I load this page, the tile information gets stored locally in my browser so I can rapidly display different sets of tiles by changing dropdown values. I also had to brush up on my javascript skills since it's been a while since I've added and removed elements from the DOM that way.

This has no bearing on you as a player at all, but it will let me create planets faster and easier, so there will be more content for you to explore.

I did import some more tiles to the database also, but I've still got a LONG way to go on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment